Google has finally completed the loop it started a few years ago when it launched Google AdWords for TV Ads, when today it officially launched Google TV a consumer product based on Adobe Flash and Android 2.2. The Apple TV inspired device appears to be almost a beta version with much of the features already available with a HDMI or VGA cable, your PC and a your current TV. Some of the integrated features are likely to be found in the ability of Google to better target users with their TV AdWords platform and publishers can expand the audience for TV Adsense. Below you can watch the Google TV initial product demo featured at Google I/O 2010.Google TV TrendsIn an interesting benefit with the new Google search interface it can now add modules such as trends, and according to Google Trends, Google TV is the #1 most popular search term in the past hour as shown in the image below but peaked 3 hours ago. The point is that similar to the previous Twitter trends, growth worked on a percentage basis can skew the actual volume of searches for that term which can make it easy for such a term to rank #1 most popular search term when most of the search queries only really started in the last hour or two.
The interesting element is the searches related to Google TV are very action focused with searches for:
- sign up for google tv
- google tv search
- google tv invite
- get google tv
- google tv box
- The HDTV device enables searching for: channel, show or website
- The HDTV device automatically upgrades its software
- The HDTV device allows you to customise your TV experience via Apps
- The HDTV device is powered with Intel Inside
- The HDTV device uses a handheld wireless QWERTY remote
- Amazon Video on Demand
- BlockBuster ONDEMAND
What Google AdSense for TV can bring to your business
Googled TV now what?It is a very interesting power play by Google but it is not anything ground breaking thanks to Jason Kincaid at Techcrunch breaking the news 1 day early about Google TV, and there had been rumors for months about the product. The biggest impact I can see is that Apple will relaunch their Apple TV product, Hulu will face more competition from YouTube and Google will be able to sell more AdWords.
- Adsense for TV reaches new advertisers - Leverage our platform and salesforce to reach our new to TV advertisers. Read their success stories.
- Adsense for TV allows you to maintain control - Exercise quality and editorial control over all ad creatives; approve and reject ads days before airtime.
- Adsense for TV offers quick, no-fee integration - Integrate with Google TV Ads in a few short weeks using our Fast Track integration tools.
- Adsense for TV offer precise measurement and insight - We provide anonymised tuning data from millions of set-top boxes that you can share with your salesforce, advertisers, and leads.
- Adsense for TV offers simpler, guaranteed payments - No make-goods, no stewardship, and we're designed to provide thirty days net payment— regardless of collections.